Operations Manager Circa £40,000
My client is now recruiting for an Operations Managerto confidently oversee both the Logistics and Asset/Build Management divisions of the business, playing a pivotal role in ensuring the Company meets and exceeds their customers’ expectations.
Full time – Stamford
£40,000 Full time permanent with excellent non salaried benefits
With responsibility for the businesses Driver/Operator team, the vehicles, trailers and other assets as well as being the in-house point of contact, managing the subcontracted suppliers the role ensures
The role provides support to the sales and marketing team, advising on feasibility of operations and taking ownership of new build contracts once the business is contracted.
The Operations Manager needs to possess excellent communication skills, willing to be flexible and support the wider business as required. A high commercial awareness with a focus on cost control and attention to detail is paramount to being able to achieve the needs of this role whilst working in a highly pressurised, last minute environment.
- To ensure fleet trailers and vehicles are always well presented and compliant on the road with the support of the Workshop teams.
- To carry out site visits as required in advance of and during live events to ensure effective deployment.
- To effectively manage all company equipment, liaising with the Workshop teams and suppliers to ensure events are deployed with the correct, compliant, well presented inventory
- To ensure team training and training logs are up to date
- To be the company’s main ambassador for H&S Management, Staff Welfare and Site Security
- To produce and issue risk assessments and technical information for events/hires and to clients as required
- To motivate and manage the Driver/Operator team, mentoring and continually developing a growing team whilst ensuring logistic planning and execution is carried out in the most cost-efficient way.
- To provide innovative operational solutions to satisfy and facilitate continual growth.
- To keep good relationships with the operational teams in the wider group businesses for mutual benefit
- To ensure the business is always manned appropriately in order to meet fluctuating demands whilst operating cost effectively
- Once a conversion or new build sale has been made to liaise between client and manufacturer to monitor build specifications through to completion and hand over.
- To keep diligent records of specifications and any extras/upgrades/changes during the build process and adjust costs appropriately for these. * To monitor and balance the sourcing of best price/best quality products and materials during builds and conversions.
- To attend offsite production meetings as required
- To provide (weekly) update reports for the Friday Operational Meetings and a detailed monthly report for the Management Meeting, providing other information to the Managing Director as required.
- To act as an ambassador for the organisation continually promoting their values and standards.
- To be constantly looking for areas to improve profitability – reducing costs or finding new ways to generate revenue
- Take care of the health and safety of yourself and others who may be affected by your actions or omissions.
- Comply with all Company and statutory fire, health and safety regulations.
- To assist with other areas of the business, for example with sales functions and the wider group, if required outside the normal routine but within the overall scope of the position.
- Competent in the use of IT including excel and word applications.
- Experience in Project management.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with event production and management
- People management (Team & Customers)
- Knowledge in the creation and evaluation of Risk Assessments and method statements (IOSH certification or similar preferred)
- Full UK driving license
- Flexibility - Regular travel will be required along with irregular working hours
This is a great opportunity to join a company who truly value their employees. Offering a competitive salary along with non salaried benefits including a group profit share paid quarterly. If you can show evidence of the skills required for the above, do please get in touch. Short listing will begin immediately.
Please fill out the application below for the job Operations Manager, based in Stamford.