My client, a well-established Global manufacturer based in the local area to Stamford currently have an opportunity for a talented Project Engineer to join their successful team. You will be responsible for delivering a project (ranging from £50K to £1/2M) from order through to commissioning - on time and under budget
· Client meetings
· Some international travel
· Developing project schedules
· Arranging manufacture/production schedule
· Working closely with the buyer to get best price
· Review shop order file and confirm scope of supply based on customer specifications and sales quotation.
· Confirms equipment selection and design and perform/coordinate required calculations and sketches to establish equipment design.
· Coordinates drafting for job. Makes sure all required drawings are completed. Reviews customer mark-up prints and instructs drafting as to disposition.
· Establishes and tracks the cost budget for jobs by working with Sales Department and cost specialists.
· Maintains delivery schedule for job based on Customer requirements and workloads, including coordination of drafting, purchasing, manufacturing and quality control. Pre-order materials as required for meeting delivery.
· Inform Quality Control Department of customer/job specifications.
· Coordinate all required technical and commercial correspondence related to the job. This includes all internal communications and all correspondence with Customer, end user, sales reps, and/or outside consultants.
· Instruct drafting and support staff when and what drawings are to be sent to any parties involved in the project.
· Notify sales and estimating departments when changes occur to the scope of supply and/or design of the equipment that affect the price. Coordinates written advice and price resolution with Customer concerning price revisions.
· Notify Order Entry Department concerning revisions to Shop Order write-up and make sure this document is properly revised.
· Notify Accounting Department when billings are to be sent.
· A Mechanical or Electrical Engineering background & qualification
· Project engineering experience
· Background in Combustion Project Engineer, Post Sales Engineer in Power Generation, Project Manager - Oil & Gas, Project Engineering in Process Plants, Mechanical Project Manager, Electro Mechanical Project Engineer, Project Manager - Flares, Power Generation Project Engineer would be a definite advantage
Short listing is immediate, and you will need to be able to show evidence of previous similar experience on your CV. Your own transport is required.
The company offer both excellent salaried and non-salaried benefits including a company pension, health and dental insurance, critical illness cover and a gym membership.
This role is commutable from: Huntingdon, Peterborough, Stamford, Grantham, Newark, Leicester, Corby, Kettering, Market Harborough, Melton Mowbray, Oakham, Spalding, Bourne Sleaford, Lincoln