My client is currently recruiting for a Maintenance Engineer to join their team. Your role would be to maintain production and quality by ensuring the continuous operation of machinery and mechanical / electrical equipment. Ideally, they are looking for someone with Electrical and Mechanical experience, but they would consider someone who is only mechanical biased.
· Ensuring the operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
· Locating the sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
· Removing defective parts by dismantling devices; using hand and power tools.
· Adjusting functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools
· Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
· Fabricating repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
· Maintaining equipment, parts and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
· Conserving maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
· Providing mechanical and electrical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
· Preparing mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
· Maintaining technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
· Maintaining continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing needs.
· Maintaining safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· Qualified Mechanical and Electrical Engineer
· Proven employment record within the engineering sector
· Good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
· Good degree of numeracy and literacy
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent attention to detail
· Flexibility and adaptability to learning new processes
· Team player with a ‘can do’ attitude
In return for these skills you will be offered a competitive salary 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) a company pension, on site parking and bonus scheme. For this position you would ideally be located in Stamford, Bourne, Grantham, Deeping Peterborough and the surrounding area. The position is available immediately and short listing begins now