Scout Recruiting is delighted to be working with their client based on the outskirts of Stamford. The company are now recruiting for a Part Time Administrator/ Supervisor to join their team. This role is split approx. 50:50 and supports both the general office administration, and the gift shop. It is a varied role utilising retail, buying experience and some supervisory skills to oversee the dedicated team of volunteers and shop. As well as excellent people and customer service skills, a creative flair is vital as well.
This is a permanent Part Time position. 30 hours a week, Sunday Monday Thursday and Friday 8.30am - 4.30pm. Salary is £14,000 - £15,000 per annum or £8.97 - £9.61 per hour (monthly pay)
· Taking calls in the office from customers, suppliers and staff/volunteers
· Dealing with customers face to face in the office
· Taking and amending bookings through a bespoke system
· Checking stock, ordering new stock and recording it all onto the system using Sage
· Liaising with suppliers
· Chasing suppliers for prompt deliveries, and unpacking deliveries
· Assisting all other staff with various office-based requirements
· Planning and ordering stock in advance dependant on events in the calendar
· Setting budgets
· Working to income and expenditure sheets, maintaining a strong profit margin
· Responsible for keeping the till system up to date with new purchases and bar codes.
· Responsible for the appearance of the gift shop merchandising and displays to maximise shopper spend and shelf appeal
· Responsible for staffing the shop via a roster system, which is covered by volunteer staff
· Being responsible for the recruitment and training of volunteers to work in the shop
· Experience of till cashing up, and using different till systems
· Completing a thorough stock take of our gift shop for the annual audit
· Excellent telephone manner
· Previous stock management and recording of stock required.
· Methodical approach to work, accuracy and strong attention to detail
· Experienced in using Microsoft Word, Excel and ideally PowerPoint
· Experience of setting budgets, although training can be provided.
· Confident in learning new systems
· Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
· A patient individual, highly organised
· Able to work on own.
· Creative flair for stock ordering
· Teamwork and an ability work with all personality types, at all levels is a must
If you can demonstrate the skills outlined for this role then do get in touch, we would love to hear from you. The company offer a competitive salary along with excellent non salaried benefits. Experience in Customer Service, Retail, Buying and Administration are ideal, and you will need your own transport to get to the office. Stamford, Peterborough and the surrounding villages are perfect locations to live for this position.